Glasgow SixPack Challenge
How does it work?
We’ve created six beautiful and bespoke routes of varying distances that together make up the full 26.2 miles / 42+ kilometres of the MARATHON distance.
Walk, jog or run. It’s up to you. You choose the pace. You choose when to have a go at each route. You decide in which order you walk or run the routes.
Using state-of-the-art gps mapping technology and turn-by-turn audio navigation science, we’ll keep you on track to achieve your fitness and challenge goals.
Your entry includes access to all six of these rewarding routes and one very special ‘finish line’ reward.
What do I get?
A few notes before you go...
- It is crucial you stick to any social distancing rules and government guidelines that may be in force at the time you undertake any of the routes.
- Where restrictions apply, you must not travel to complete the SixPack routes.
- We recommend undertaking the routes at quieter times of the day / week.
- Please be aware of and be courteous to all other users. You will come across dogs, cyclists and other users. Let’s all share the green space together.
- Some of the routes will, by necessity, include one or more road crossings. It is essential that you BE AWARE for your own safety at all times and be considerate to other people.
- Remember you can walk, jog or run each route as many times as you like and re-upload your results.
How do I upload my time?
1) Go back to the entry page (That's here!)
2) Select the tab above that says 'Enter Result'
3) Pop in your time for whichever route you have completed
4) Add in any photos of your journey or a link to your Garmin - please note that when you view your result again later, the link you used will be in the button 'see submitted route'.
Routes and Distances
RENNIE MACKINTOSH 6K
Bellahouston ParkUndulating, park paths, surfaced paths. Circular loop with some zig zag switch back trails . Footwear with some traction recommended, especially in wet conditions.
WINDY EAGLE 10K
Whitelee WindfarmA spectacular 10Km circular run within the UK's largest onshore windfarm, located on Eaglesham Moor just 20 minutes from central Glasgow. Trail shoes with good traction for muddy conditions needed.
RiversideA rewarding loop along the River Clyde with a nod to some of Glasgow’s most famous landmarks. Taking in the Armadillo, SSE Hydro, Science Centre and crossing the awesome River Clyde over the Clyde Arc and running in front of the BBC Scotland buildings, with spectacular views from Pacific Quay across the River. Also makes for a safe well-lit evening run.
THE BURRELL RUN 6K
Pollock Country Park
Richly varied, multi-terrain out and back loop gently undulating. Footwear with traction recommended, especially for park tracks.
THE PEOPLE'S 5K
Glasgow GreenDon your running shoes for this flat, fast 5Km in the east end of Glagow City Centre. Glasgow Green is a 55 hectares/136 acres site and is by far the oldest of the city's parks. It is situated within walking distance of the city centre, east of the Saltmarket.
AMAZING MILNGAVIE 10K
MilngavieA varied multi-terrain route which includes, tracks and paths with some road work. Taking in two looped sections around a two stunning Park reservoirs. Trail shoes with good traction are recommended.
Technology and Navigation
|Please use this fantastic app to ensure you can follow the full route directly from your phone. Download the app now and join our Glasgow SixPack Challenge to instantly get access to all the routes with full navigation.
iPhone users: https://apps.apple.com/app/rungo-guided-runs-turn-by/id712628644
Android users: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?hl=en&id=com.rungo
RunGo is the #1 running app for discovering the best routes in the world with turn-by-turn navigation. Follow a voice guided tour, including the encouraging reminder when you’re halfway there.
RunGo also tracks your runs stats like time, pace, distance, elevation and estimated finish time.
|what3words is a really simple way to talk about location. They have assigned each 3m square in the world a unique 3-word address that will never change.
For example: ‘filled.count.soap’ marks the exact entrance to what3words’ London headquarters.
People use what3words to find their tents at festivals, navigate to B&Bs, and to direct emergency services to the right place.
We have used what3words to share with you the exact start locations for each route. Please download the app – it is great for sharing your location when meeting up with people, but also really useful in emergencies and for navigation.
iPhone users: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/what3words/id657878530
Android users: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.what3words.android&hl=en_GB
08 April 2021
31 March 2022
|Registration is closed|
Price per participant
|First 250 entries||£20.00 + fee|
|After 250 entries||£25.00 + fee|