We are proud to announce the unique Arundel Triathlon will be one of the qualifiers for the 2017 ITU Standard Distance Triathlon Championships. The event is now its 4th year and has received rave reviews, so why not come and enjoy the adventure in this beautiful area. The iconic market town has a medieval castle and many other attractions set in the South Downs National Park, for a great racing experience.
The River Arun flows through the town for a fast swim, followed by a one lap cycle over the South Downs before descending into the historic town of Arundel. A stunning two lap run past Swanbourne Lake and through a closed road circuit in the town sees you finish back in the shadow of the castle.
Why Arundel? Check out 2014 and 2015 images (different start locations)
If you've not been to Arundel in West Sussex then it's a great place to visit for the whole family and if you like a classic triathlon, this will soon be your yearly destination!
- Iconic location – Arundel is a stunning medieval market town with impressive castle within the boundaries of the South Downs National Park, rivalled only perhaps by Windsor in terms of its historic appeal.
- Tourist town – Make a weekend of it at one of Arundel's many hotels or B&Bs. If you fancy glamping to make it a special end of season event then head over to Billycan Camp site on the banks of the Arun billycancamping.co.uk
- One way river swim in the second fastest flowing river in the UK
- Challenging and tough event – river swim, undulating bike and tough two-lap run.
- Great value event and Raw Energy Pursuits growing reputation for friendly and well organised races for all abilities.
- Professional and wearable T-shirts made by designers from the Fat Face brand – check out some of our previous designs.
- Free unlimited race day photos, free Clif Bar, free silicone swim cap
- Great transport links – National Rail – Arundel Station is a 10 minute walk from race venue. 90 min Arundel to London Victoria. Road – Race venue adjacent to the A27 and easily accessible to the A24 and A23.
The event will be based in the grass overflow car park in the shadow of Arundel Castle, Mill Road, Arundel, West Sussex, BN18 9PA. The registration marquee and transition will be at this location.
Prices and start times
|Distance||TE/BTF affiliated||Non-affiliated||Briefing (mandatory)||Start from|
|Please note: a small charge will be applied to your total order value to cover the cost of processing your credit or debit card|
Please try and register on Saturday if possible as this will cut down time on Sunday morning bearing in mind the race starts early. You will need to show your BTF Licence at registration. If you do not have it you will need to purchase a Day Licence for £5. There are no exceptions.
The race WILL start on time, so if you intend to register on Sunday please make sure you have registered and have your bike racked and kit all ready for the race.
You need to be present for the race briefing at 5:10am.
16 July 2017
Mill Road, Arundel, West Sussex BN18 9PA
|Registration is closed|
|Starts at 06:00|