Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions detailed below apply to all entrants participating in the MTB Trail Attack event. Completion of an entry form or purchase of an entry by every participant acknowledges acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by the participant.
1. Riders are required to attend a briefing at registration and read briefing notes and sign to confirm that they agree to abide by the instructions given.
2. You should ensure that both yourself and your bike are in a serviceable state to complete the event.
3. Racing mountain bikes is a dangerous sport. Practice time is available in the morning for riders to become familiar with the course and all warning signs/signage. Race runs should only be attempted once you are comfortable with your ability to ride the trail at speed. Antur Stiniog’s terms and conditions found here: http://www.anturstiniog.com/DownhillTrails/TermsConditions/ also apply.
4. Rider Etiquette: During practice and race you may come up on or be caught by another rider: Every rider must act in a polite safe manner at all times and permit any faster rider to overtake without obstructing.
5. If the situation arises that you are in an accident and are not capable of making the decision to call the emergency services, the rider agrees that a member of the organisation or a member of the public/other rider may call for them.
6. At any time pre, during, and post event, riders must conduct themselves in a manner that does not discredit themselves or the event organisers. Riders must be considerate to other users of bridleways, tracks, byways and public ways when riding.
a) Helmets: Riders whilst participating in the event must do so wearing a full face helmet complying with latest EN1078, ANSI Z90/4 or SNELL standards. Helmets should be worn, correctly fitted, whenever riding.
b) Armour: There are no specific armour rules for this event, but spine/back protector, knee/elbow pads & gloves are strongly advised.
c) Bar end plugs must be fitted.
d) Action cameras: in line with current UCI recommendations cameras must only be mounted on the bike (below cockpit level), on top of helmet peak or on a manufacturer fitted helmet mount. Registration marshal decisions are final on these terms.
8. The organisers reserve the right to postpone or cancel the event. This will be considered should access to the event or sufficient portions of the course be deemed too dangerous due to severe adverse weather conditions or due to any other scenario that makes the event not viable.
9. If the event is cancelled we will not be liable for costs of travel fares, hotels, or any other expenses that may be incurred. It is your responsibility to ensure the race is going ahead before travelling. We will do our best to inform you if the race has to be cancelled but we do not accept liability if we are unable to contact you. We strongly advise that you check before making travel and accommodation arrangements.
10. The Event Registration Form must be completed by a person aged 18 years or over. This event is not open to riders under 16.
11. All riders are covered by third party insurance for the duration of the event. The cost of this is included in your entry fee. In addition, Focal Events are covered by public liability insurance.
12. Organisers cannot take responsibility for loss or damage of personal possessions during the event.
13. During the event there will be warning signs at appropriate points on the trails or roads used for this event. Absence of these signs does not signal there are no dangers approaching and it is the individual rider’s responsibility to become familiar with the course in practice sessions and to make a decision regarding whether to ride a section or not.
14. Riders are expected not to drop or leave any litter on any part of the route and to dispose of it responsibly at an appropriate place or bin. Any rider found littering will be disqualified from the event.
15. Each participant will be fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by the rider. This includes, but is not exclusive to, fees from Police, Air Ambulance, Fire and Rescue and the Ambulance service.
16. A charge for any loss or damage caused by a rider to timing equipment will be made.
17. Each participant hereby grants to Alpinestars and ZyroFisher an exclusive, absolute and irrevocable worldwide assignment in perpetuity in the photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant obtained at the event and grants to Focal Events the right to use and publish such content in any and all media. The participant hereby releases Focal Events from any and all liability from such use and promotion. The participant hereby authorises the reproduction, sale, copyright, exhibit, broadcast, electronic storage and/or distribution of said photographs/film/video tapes/electronic representations and/or sound recordings without limitation at the discretion of Focal Events. The participant specifically waives any right to any compensation they may have for appearing in any of the photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant at a Focal Events event.
18. There will be no refunds of entry, but riders can transfer entries using the online system at Resultsbase, if done before June 20th.