To be held at Willen Lake Milton Keynes on Sunday 27 September 2020 with first wave at 9am
Event rulesThis event will be held under strict Covid-19 rules.
- Runners will be expected to complete their warm-up, collect their number/chip between 20 and 10 minutes before their race, turn up at the holding area between 10 and 5 minutes before their race, and not linger at the finish after they have completed the course. Runners must stay away from the start area until 10 minutes before their race.
- Runners must not leave items of clothing in the start or finish areas. Leave clothing in your vehicle.
- Participants must follow the UKA code of conduct (see https://www.runbritain.com/
- Your race time will be sent to you by SMS shortly after you have completed the race (also available live on Results Base) and will be available from Power of Ten by 8am on Monday morning.
- Social distancing must be maintained before the start and after the finish.
- You are strongly advised not to run in close contact with any other runner in your race for more than 10 minutes.
- You should not take part in this event if you are feeling unwell on the day.
- You cannot enter this event if you live in an area that is locked down.
- Your entry fee will be refunded if your area is locked down after your entry has been accepted.
- Spectators, other than a single chauffeur, must not attend this event to comply with the guidelines (see https://www.runbritain.com/
Event informationThere is a large car park at Willen Lake (North Bay – post code MK15 0DS ). The charge is 50p per 30 minutes, payable just before you leave (see https://www.willenlake.org.uk/
Public toilets will be available at Splash n Play area next to the car park. You will need to bring your own disinfectant wipes and hand sanitiser.
Bottles of water will be available at the finish but runners should sanitise their hands before collecting a bottle.
The course is flat and fast, mainly on redways (cycle routes).
The race is limited to 200 entries (plus MMK and Elite entries – see below). There are strictly no entries on the day. Runners should be capable of completing the course in 30 minutes.
There will be waves of a maximum of 10 runners setting off every five minutes. The earlier waves will have the slower runners.
Gun and chip times will be available for each competitor.
Elite runners (men under 14:20 and women under 17:00 since 01/01/2019) should contact Elliot Hind (email@example.com) for a free entry.
There are free places for fully-paid-up members of Marshall Milton Keynes AC. To claim your free place, contact Elliot Hind (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Entries cost £17 (£19 unaffiliated). Your British Athletics/Welsh Athletics/UKA membership will be checked during entry and if valid the appropriate discount will be applied. Scottish Athletics members can also obtain the discount by entering their membership number into the appropriate field.
Entries are on a first-come-first-served basis. You will be asked to state your target time.
Runners will be emailed their start time in the week leading up to the event. Runners will not be allowed to switch races on the day.