Porthcawl Easter Run - Virtual 5k or 10k
By entering the event you agree to abide by the event rules as detailed below. Please read them carefully.
Run, jog or walk a 5k or a 10k (3.1 miles or 6.2 miles) on a route of your choice between 6am on Friday 2nd April and 8pm on Monday 5th April - so any time over the Easter weekend - and upload your proof of activity to Results Base by 9pm on Tuesday 6th April.
The event is open to runners aged over 16 and costs £8 for adults (plus a 6% admin fee).
· You must pay the event entry fee at the time of entering the race
· You must select your run distance at the time of entering – either 5k or 10k
· The Porthcawl Easter Run is not a competitive event and as such, there will be no winner for the event.
· All entry fees are non-refundable after the event has taken place, and cannot be deferred towards any future race, nor can an entry be transferred from one person to another. Your entry is completed as soon as you have completed the race entry process
· If the event has to be cancelled then the participant’s entry fee shall be reimbursed in full within one calendar month of the event. The organisers shall not be liable for any other costs that may have been incurred by the participant in relation to their entry.
· All profits from this event will be split equally between Porthcawl Lions CIO (Charity Number 1175303) and Porthcawl Runners to distribute to their chosen charities.
Runs can follow any route of your choosing.
· It is recommended that you plan your route ahead of the event and whilst doing so you checking running surfaces and lighting.
· You should minimise the number of road crossings and where they can’t be avoided ensure you take time to check safety before crossing in accordance with the Highway Code.
· You must be mindful of other footpath users whilst running and run in daylight hours where possible. You should be dressed appropriately with hi visibility clothing and appropriate footwear.
· Treadmill runs are permitted where outdoor runs cannot be undertaken (ie. for those in self-isolation) but should be clearly marked when submitting times
Participation is at your own risk
· You are responsible for ensuring that you have undertaken any necessary preparation and training to enter and participate in any run. You warrant to us that you will be, on the date of the run, sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in the run unaided and in accordance with the event rules. If you are in any doubt we recommend that you seek medical advice.
· If at any point during the event you feel unwell you must stop running and seek assistance.
· Entrants taking part in the Porthcawl Easter Run do so entirely at their own risk and are 100% responsible for selecting a safe route to run. Entrants should wear hi-visibility clothing when running in low light conditions and take care around traffic or when running off road.
· It is recommended that participants carry a mobile phone with them where possible.
· It is also recommended that participants carry ICE (in case of emergency) contact details with them.
· Covid-19 rules and regulations must be adhered to at all times
For the purposes of this section, personal information includes any data or information about you that is described as “personal data” and/or “sensitive personal data” in the Data Protection Act 2018 (which includes your name, photos, medical data and other information about you (“Personal Information”). References to our partners includes our sponsors, advertisers, charities and any other third parties with which we may work in connection with the operation of the website and the organisation and promotion of events and virtual events.
You agree that the Personal Information relating to you can be stored, used by us in connection with the organisation, staging and administration of the event.
By entering this event you are confirming your acceptance of these terms.