Tour Of Cornwall SixPack Challenge
How does it work?
We’ve created six beautiful and bespoke routes of varying distances that together make up the full 26.2 miles / 42+ kilometres of the MARATHON distance.
Walk, jog or run. It’s up to you. You choose the pace. You choose when to have a go at each route. You decide in which order you walk or run the routes.
Using state-of-the-art gps mapping technology and turn-by-turn audio navigation science, we’ll keep you on track to achieve your fitness and challenge goals.
Your entry includes access to all six of these rewarding routes and one very special ‘finish line’ reward.
What do I get?
A few notes before you go...
- It is crucial you stick to any social distancing rules and government guidelines that may be in force at the time you undertake any of the routes.
- Where restrictions apply, you must not travel to complete the SixPack routes.
- We recommend undertaking the routes at quieter times of the day / week.
- Please be aware of and be courteous to all other users. You will come across dogs, cyclists and other users. Let’s all share the green space together.
- Some of the routes will, by necessity, include one or more road crossings. It is essential that you BE AWARE for your own safety at all times and be considerate to other people.
- Remember you can walk, jog or run each route as many times as you like and re-upload your results.
How do I upload my time?
1) Go back to the entry page (That's here!)
2) Select the tab above that says 'Enter Result'
3) Pop in your time for whichever route you have completed
4) Add in any photos of your journey or a link to your Garmin - please note that when you view your result again later, the link you used will be in the button 'see submitted route'.
Routes and Distances
LOE BAR LEGEND 10K
Loe PoolA gently undulating, scenic 10k around the infamous ‘The Loe’ to the coast and the treacherous Loe Bar and back via the far side of the Lake.
AHOY FOWEY 8K
FoweyA figure of 8 starting at Ready Money Cove and taking in the picturesque village of Fowey and the stunning coastline alongside it.
FORBIDDEN FOREST 5K
CardinhamA circular 5k with a couple of steep ascents through one of Cornwall’s largest hidden Forests.
BEACON BEAST 5K
St. Agnes Beacon
A Steady ascent up to the top of St.Agnes Beacon before descending down towards the Coast path, passing the historic remnants of Cornwall’s mining heritage.
NEWQUAY HANG 5K
NewquayA gentle 5k around the surfing mecca of Newquay.
WORLD'S END 10K
Sennen CoveA rugged, technical 10k along the coast to Sennen to Lands end and on to Nanjizal Beach before heading back across country to Sennen.
Technology and Navigation
|Please use this fantastic app to ensure you can follow the full route directly from your phone. Download the app now and join our Tour of Cornwall SixPack Challenge to instantly get access to all the routes with full navigation.
iPhone users: https://apps.apple.com/app/rungo-guided-runs-turn-by/id712628644
Android users: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?hl=en&id=com.rungo
RunGo is the #1 running app for discovering the best routes in the world with turn-by-turn navigation. Follow a voice guided tour, including the encouraging reminder when you’re halfway there.
RunGo also tracks your runs stats like time, pace, distance, elevation and estimated finish time.
|what3words is a really simple way to talk about location. They have assigned each 3m square in the world a unique 3-word address that will never change.
For example: ‘filled.count.soap’ marks the exact entrance to what3words’ London headquarters.
People use what3words to find their tents at festivals, navigate to B&Bs, and to direct emergency services to the right place.
We have used what3words to share with you the exact start locations for each route. Please download the app – it is great for sharing your location when meeting up with people, but also really useful in emergencies and for navigation.
iPhone users: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/what3words/id657878530
Android users: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.what3words.android&hl=en_GB
12 April 2021
31 March 2022
|Registration is closed|
Price per participant
|First 250 entries||£20.00 + fee|
|After 250 entries||£25.00 + fee|