Shannon Estuary Duathlon 2021
Race Terms and Conditions
By reading below and ticking the box, I confirm the following:
- In the unlikely event of an accident, or loss or damage to my personal effects, I acknowledge that Glin Tri Club and any associated parties will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss, damage or injury arising from or in connection with the activity.
- I will not participate in the event under the influence of alcohol or any form of illegal drugs.
- I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to understand the risks of partaking in a duathlon and determine whether I am fit enough and strong enough to safely run/walk and cycle the event.
- I attest and certify that I am physically fit, injury free and have sufficiently trained to complete the race. I acknowledge that it is recommended that I undergo a medical check-up with my physician before starting the race to determine if I am at risk from any underlying health issues, which may be aggravated by a running event.
This is a virtual event so each participant is responsible entirely for their wellbeing and safety during the course of training and the event itself.
A common sense approach to safety is advised and a few practical things should be considered:
- Are you physically fit enough to begin training, if in doubt consider a GP check-up. Start training slowly and build it up gradually.
- Be prepared, consider the elements (rain/fog/sun/ice) before going out and dress accordingly; carry water and a snack if needed.
- Bike- check out http://www.cyclingireland.ie/page/programmes/bike-for-life1/cycling-tips1 for basic cycling safety tips, follow the rules of the road, check your brakes before the event
- General safety: let someone know where you are going, plan you route, bring a phone if going out alone