Northwich SixPack Challenge
How does it work?
We’ve created six beautiful and bespoke routes of varying distances that together make up the full 26.2 miles / 42+ kilometres of the MARATHON distance.
Walk, jog or run. It’s up to you. You choose the pace. You choose when to have a go at each route. You decide in which order you walk or run the routes.
Using state-of-the-art gps mapping technology and turn-by-turn audio navigation science, we’ll keep you on track to achieve your fitness and challenge goals.
Your entry includes access to all six of these rewarding routes and one very special ‘finish line’ reward.
What do I get?
A few notes before you go...
- It is crucial you stick to any social distancing rules and government guidelines that may be in force at the time you undertake any of the routes.
- Where restrictions apply, you must not travel to complete the SixPack routes.
- We recommend undertaking the routes at quieter times of the day / week.
- Please be aware of and be courteous to all other users. You will come across dogs, cyclists and other users. Let’s all share the green space together.
- Some of the routes will, by necessity, include one or more road crossings. It is essential that you BE AWARE for your own safety at all times and be considerate to other people.
- Remember you can walk, jog or run each route as many times as you like and re-upload your results.
How do I upload my time?
1) Go back to the entry page (That's here!)
2) Select the tab above that says 'Enter Result'
3) Pop in your time for whichever route you have completed
4) Add in any photos of your journey or a link to your Garmin - please note that when you view your result again later, the link you used will be in the button 'see submitted route'.
Routes and Distances
WHITE LADY 5K
Marbury Country ParkStarting in the historic Marbury Country Park, the White Lady 5k passes the site of the former Marbury Hall before heading into stunning woodlands and then emerging on to open trails. Beware after dark as this site is home to some spooky legends
Little LeighYou will be treated to some spectacular views on this course over a variety od surfaces including tarmac, trail, grass paths and canal towpaths.
NEED A LIFT? 5K
AndertonLocated at the world famous Anderton boat Lift. A scenic route takes you through some beautiful woodlands and alongside the River Weaver.
WHITEGATE EXPRESS 10K
The Whitegate Way itself offers picture-perfect runs and we take you on a little adventure through some glorious woodlands and off-road tracks.
LOCKED OUT 7K
Town CentreJust a few minutes’ walk from the centre it is home to spectacular riverside paths, woodland trails and a beautiful nature reserve, not to mention the two locks that give the route its name.
DON'T BE SALTY 8K
WinsfordOffering a variety of scenic trails, this route gives you a glimpse of the UK’s largest rock salt mine in Winsford, home to an underground network with over 160 miles of tunnels.
Technology and Navigation
|Please use this fantastic app to ensure you can follow the full route directly from your phone. Download the app now and join our Northwich SixPack Challenge to instantly get access to all the routes with full navigation.
iPhone users: https://apps.apple.com/app/rungo-guided-runs-turn-by/id712628644
Android users: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?hl=en&id=com.rungo
RunGo is the #1 running app for discovering the best routes in the world with turn-by-turn navigation. Follow a voice guided tour, including the encouraging reminder when you’re halfway there.
RunGo also tracks your runs stats like time, pace, distance, elevation and estimated finish time.
|what3words is a really simple way to talk about location. They have assigned each 3m square in the world a unique 3-word address that will never change.
For example: ‘filled.count.soap’ marks the exact entrance to what3words’ London headquarters.
People use what3words to find their tents at festivals, navigate to B&Bs, and to direct emergency services to the right place.
We have used what3words to share with you the exact start locations for each route. Please download the app – it is great for sharing your location when meeting up with people, but also really useful in emergencies and for navigation.
iPhone users: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/what3words/id657878530
Android users: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.what3words.android&hl=en_GB
09 April 2021
31 March 2022
|Registration is closed|
|Starts at 23:59|
Price per participant
|First 250 entries||£20.00 + fee|
|After 250 entries||£25.00 + fee|