Long distance open water swimming isn't just about swimming around buoys in a loop - it's about the journey. Travelling the length of a lake from one end to the other, swimming across a channel, or completing a swim from one set point to another gives the swim meaning.
You haven't swum a lake until you have completed the full length of it.
Chillswim specialises in open water swimming and is passionate about creating the world's best events.
Chillswim Coniston is a mass participation, fully supported swim of the full 5.25 miles length of Coniston Water, in the Lake District.
- Transport to the start and from the finish back to the race HQ car park
- Professional water safety support along the swim
- Five feed stations along the route providing energy drinks & jelly babies
- Chillswim Coniston silicone swim hat
- Free parking on race day for participants
- Finisher's medal for each participant
- Chillswim Coniston event hoody for each participant
- Age group prizes for wetsuit & non wetsuit categories
The route starts at the south of the lake and finishes at the north shore end next to Monk Coniston Car Park. After the first mile swimmers will keep within approximately 50 metres of the shore and event buoys and support water craft will direct swimmers.